"Puisque ce poste sera de couvrir principalement la Côte Est américaine, un fort anglais est exigé) ...
Located in the West Island, this well-established company is seeking for the services of a transportation representative which will be responsible for providing transportation coverage and support for all outbound and select inbound transportation activities to include bulk truck.
. Ensures a high level of service is maintained and customer delivery expectations are met while maximizing efficiencies relative to utilization of carrier base, plant production and loading operations.
- Resolves order and shipment issues/inquiries with external and internal sources.
- Determines appropriate transportation routing needs.
• Responsible for the dispatching functions of all aspects of outbound order movement through the utilization of both internal and external functions (SAP) for bulk modes of transportation.
• Coordinate solutions to daily transportation/logistics issues with carriers and internal customer service/supply chain personnel to ensure seamless on-time deliveries while exceeding both internal and external customer expectations.
• Serve as local point of contact for both internal and external parties handling related questions/issues. Work closely with plant production and loading personnel to ensure all modes of transportation work within the daily product availability constraints and loading capacities while also managing detention/demurrage charges.
• Research and approve for payment, select freight bill and detention invoices, submitted by carriers and brokers.
• Manage pended or failed orders and shipments not manifested by the transportation system.
• Expedite shipments with carriers as needed, validate and research shipment status inquiries.
• Support activities to ensure routing instructions, customer preference files, and accessorial charges are up to date.
• Ensure accurate and timely assignment of shipments as required.
• When deemed necessary, manually dispatch carriers at a site or group of sites to insure orders are delivered on time at the lowest possible cost.
• Responsible to gain a clear understanding of carrier capacities, lanes and rates at sites assigned to manage
• Drive continuous improvement within the Group’s supply chain.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or an equivalent functional area.
• Minimum of 1-3 years of supply chain, inventory management or product distribution experience.
• Experience with Business Warehouse or similar reporting packages, databases and analytical tools
• Advanced Excel skills, and knowledge of SAP and statistical techniques such as data modeling, data mining and segmentation.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Able to maintain strong positive business relationships across multiple units and sites.
• Able to work independently as well as across functional or matrix team structures.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
• Strong desire to work with data and the ability to intuitively draw conclusions, extract meaning and provide insights from that data.
• Able to develop knowledge of the business while serving as the primary point of contact for the assigned lanes or facility groupings.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to construct well-written documents that translate data into insights and provide the appropriate level of detail / information.
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong track record for execution and follow through when managing critical deadlines.